Q1 \ How to apply a foreign domestic helper?
- Employer must be married and working.
- Both husband and wife require a minimum total income of RM 36,000.00 per annum for Indonesian/Cambodian/Vietnam domestic helper, and RM 60,000.00 per annum for Filipino domestic helper.
- Married employer must have child/children below 15 years old or take care elderly/sick/medical attention parent.
Q2 \ What documents are required to apply a foreign domestic helper from immigration department?
- Form B/BE and Income Tax Payment Receipts of both husband and wife with a minimum total income of RM 36,000.00 per annum for Indonesian/Cambodian/Vietnam domestic helper, and RM 60,000.00 per annum for Filipino domestic helper.
- Original copy of employment letter (written in Malay Language) of both husband and wife that stating position held and monthly salary.
- Original copy of pay slips of both husband and wife for the last 3 months.
- Photocopy of NRIC of both husband and wife.
- 2 pieces of passport size photos of both husband and wife.
- Photocopy of child/children birth certificate or Medical Report for taking care elderly/disable person.
- Photocopy of marriage certificate.
Q3 \ How long will it take to apply foreign domestic helper to come to Malaysia?
It takes about 2 months for a foreign domestic helper to come to Malaysia. However, it is subject to adequate document from domestic helper and employer, and also subject to government rules and regulations of both countries from time to time.
Q4 \ How long is the employment contract?
The employment contract between employer and foreign domestic helper is 2 years.
Q5 \ What are the duties and responsibilities of employer?
- Employer shall provide suitable accommodation and basic amenities for foreign domestic helper.
- Employer shall provide adequate and sufficient daily meals for foreign domestic helper.
- Employer shall not request foreign domestic helper to work or to be engaged in any activities that not related to household duties.
- Employer shall insure foreign domestic helper with the foreign worker compensation scheme in respect of any medical expenses due to the domestic helper may incur in the event of an injury arises out of / and in the course of employment.
- Employer shall at all times respect and pay due regard to the sensitivity of religious beliefs of the foreign domestic helper.
- Employer shall follow terms and conditions of foreign domestic helper employment contract signed with the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Employer shall not abuse or ill-treat foreign domestic helper.
- Employer shall pay salary to foreign domestic helper.
- Employer shall not deduct salary of foreign domestic helper for any reason like broken or damage things.
- Employer shall inform agency before sending foreign domestic helper back to their home country.
Q6 \ How long can a foreign domestic helper works in Malaysia?
Foreign domestic helper is allowed to work in Malaysia as long as she wish, however, it is subject to the mutual agreement between employer and foreign domestic helper.
Q7 \ How to manage a foreign domestic helper?
- Employer shall provide a working schedule from monthly, weekly to daily task and make sure she understands it.
- Employer shall train and supervise foreign domestic helper personally, regardless of whether she has experience or is a mother herself, her family background, culture may be vastly different from employer.
- Employer shall be patience that the learning process may be slow and there will be occasion of miscommunication.
- Employer has to be realistic about expectation from foreign domestic helper. If she did not fit the expectation, then employer may have to priorities his main areas of concern and focus his training efforts there.
Q8 \ How to keep a good foreign domestic helper?
- Employer shall communicate with her and understand more about her personality in what way suit to train her.
- Employer shall respect and treat her well as a human being.
- Employer shall provide rules and ensure she respect rules of house.
- Employer shall allow her to send mail or phone call to her home country when necessary.
Q9 \ What should you do if your foreign domestic helper has problems?
Foreign domestic helpers are also human beings, therefore, she may faces with certain challenges from time to time, but don't be worry, free counselling and re-training are provided by our agency.
Q10 \ What employer has to do when his/her foreign domestic helper runaway from house?
Employer shall inform agency, make police report and report to Immigration Department.
Q11 \ What are the approved source countries for foreign domestic helper to work in Malaysia?
Foreign domestic helpers allow from Cambodia, Indonesia, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Q12 \ Is single parent allowed to apply the foreign domestic helper?
Immigration Department allows single parent to apply the foreign domestic helper as long as she has a minimum income of RM 36,000.00 per annum and sufficient supporting documents.
Q13 \ Are employer allowed to apply second foreign domestic helper?
Employer shall provide sufficient reason and a minimum income of RM 120,000.00 per annum. However, it is still subject to the decision of Immigration Department.
Q14 \ Can employer from overseas (outside Malaysia) apply for foreign domestic helper?
No, we are currently supply foreign domestic helper to employer (Malaysians, Permanent Residents or Expatriates) who are residing in Peninsular Malaysia only.